1) How do I register as a medical marijuana patient with the State of Michigan? Qualifying patients must register with:
The Michigan Department of Community Health
Bureau of Health Professions
P.O. Box 30083, Lansing, Michigan 48909
To register, you must submit the state provided forms along with the following information:
- An application or renewal fee;
- The name, address, and birth date of the qualifying patient;
- The name, address, and telephone number of the qualifying patient’s physician;
- The name, address, and birth date of the qualifying patient’s caregiver, if any;
- A written certification that the person is a qualifying patient from a physician.
2) What medical conditions are eligible?
According to Michigan Law, a patient must suffer from a debilitating condition, which is defined as:
- Cancer, glaucoma, or positive status for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Crohn’s disease, agitation of Alzheimer’s disease, or nail patella.
- A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces one of more of the following:
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome;
- Severe and chronic pain;
- Severe nausea;
- Seizures, including but not limited to those caused by epilepsy; or
- Severe or persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to, those which are characteristic of multiple sclerosis;
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD); or
- Any other medical condition or treatment for a medical condition adopted by the department by rule.
3) Do I have to be a resident of the State to get a marijuana card? Yes. You must be a Michigan resident to be a registered patient in the Michigan Medical Marijuana Program (MMMP).
4) I receive care from a Physician’s Assistant. Can he provide the necessary information to the State? No. Your physician must be a Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) licensed to practice in Michigan. Other licensed health professionals such as Physician Assistants (PA), Nurse Practitioners and Chiropractors cannot sign the documentation.
5) What is the fee to apply for participation in the Michigan Medical Marihuana Program (MMMP)? Are there any circumstances under which the fee can be reduced? The fee for a new or renewal application is $100.00, unless a qualifying patient can demonstrate his or her current eligibility in the Medicaid Health Plan, in which case the application fee is $25.00.
Star Buds is pleased to offer a 10% discount to all Veterans